This product is 100% derived from coconuts sourced from India (primary) and Malaysia (secondary). In the event of a local agricultural emergency (droughts), coconuts may be sourced from surrounding area to meet demand. This product is produced according to, and meets, the following standards.
- Complies with requirements for Activated Carbon under Food Chemicals Codex (FCC) and Drinking Water (NSF)
- Approved as a non-agricultural processing aid in organic foods, products or materials (USDA restrictions apply)
- This activated charcoal is Kosher
- This product is Halal.
Activated Charcoal, also known as activated carbon, is an organic compound. It is a black solid used in gas purification, decaffeination, gold purification, metal extraction, water purification, medicine, sewage treatment, air filters in gas masks respirators and many other applications. This Powdered Activated Carbon (PAC) passes through 80-mesh sieve and 99% is more fine than 325-mesh. PAC has a very large surface to volume ratio with small diffusion distance. One gram of PAC can have a surface area of ~1,000 square meters.
- Beauty: Teeth whitening, clarifying face masks, detoxification, exfoliant, acne, eczema, psoriasis, dry skin, anti-viral, anti-fungal and antimicrobial
- Agriculture: Used by organic farmers as an animal feed additive, processing aid, nonagricultural ingredient and disinfectant.
- Wine Making: Used in organic winemaking as a processing aid to absorb brown pigment from white grape concentrates.
- Medicinal: Used to treat poisonings and overdoses following oral ingestion, diarrhea, indigestion and flatulence. Not suitable for strong acids or alkali, cyanide, iron, lithium, arsenic, methanol, ethanol or ethylene glycol. Incorrect application results in pulmonary aspiration, which can sometimes be fatal if immediate medical treatment is not initiated. Additional: Absorbs nasty odors, regulates humidity, blocks static electricity, and many more!
The primary countries of origin are India and Malaysia due to the high volume of coconuts grown in these two countries.
This is a great use of the product and many of our customers use this product for that purpose.
This is highly discouraged as the charcoal used for bbq has many added ingredients so it maintains burning temperatures.
This is due to when the packaging was developed and what we considered as important to our customers. The product within the packaging is the same for all of our charcoal products.
Typical burn temperatures for activated charcoal are 1400°-1600°C, so for consumer purposes this product cannot be melted. However, it can be mixed into liquids and become homogeneous.
This is the primary use for most of our customers and they have had great success.
This product is 100% steam-activated to ensure it is safe food and internal use.